Buying vintage or pre-loved clothes and accessories has become a new trend in the past few years. Besides the obvious point of it being way more affordable, there are so many more benefits to buying second hand. Below are our top 5 reasons why!
1. You find unique pieces that you're guaranteed not to see on five other people that day.
2. It's eco-friendly, buying clothes and accessories that were pre-loved helps the environment because it means less clothes are being made cheaply and in sweatshops. Although it's not the first thing that comes to mind when you're out shopping, who wants to pass up the opportunity to help our planet!
3. Shopping in second hand or consignment stores is way more exciting than in high street stores. Every piece is different and it adds to the excitement when you finally find your dream pair of shoes or bag to match your Friday night outfit!
4. It's a lot kinder to your purse- why spend more on a new dress when you can get one that's probably even better second hand?
5. Last but definitely not least, your helping out local businesses and keeping money in your community, which is always a good thing.
With all that in mind it seems like the obvious choice is to buy vintage or pre-loved clothes and accessories, you'll get addicted soon enough!